Monday, April 11, 2011

A Blogging Challenge


Hahaha ... I cannot believe I signed myself up for a 30-day Blogging Challenge together with some work colleagues, who I consider now as awesome friends. This initiative was brilliantly hatched by Noel Nuguid. Admittedly, just like him, this will really force me to blog on a regular basis.

I would like to think that I am a natural writer. Words, ideas just flow from my mind down to my fingertips (i.e. on a keyboard) and/ or my pen. Yes, I do keep an online space for public consumption of my work and I maintain a journal of my own private musings. Why so? There are just some entries which are meant to be shared between me and my journal. Nothing more.

My blogging is not to give a blow-by-blow account of my life nor release so much angst and gripe about life's injustices. As a blogger, I am responsible for how I conduct myself in public since blogging is a public activity. Whatever I write will be a reflection of myself - and I do not want to turn people away with my words.

One can call it that I am playing safe. That I am restricting myself from expressing fully what is inside of me. Well, let them. That is their opinion.

But for me, I want to exercise a degree of responsibility for whatever I let out in my entries. I simply want my entries to bring smiles or a bit of memory to the surface. To ignite an idea that was buried in the recesses of one's mind. Or to strike a new friendship based on similar realizations and interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment